Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Salesian National Shrine




The Salesian National Shrine
174 Filors Lane, Stony Point, NY 10980

I visited the Salesian National Shrine twice. Once for a retreat and once for a picnic with my Legio group. The retreat house itself was okay...there wasn't anything too special about it. The church...I am sorry to its admirers but it is an aweful building. But I found this little shrine pretty gorgeous. (My friend said she wants to get married in it!) It was not well maintained and it needs a little more care, but this shrine came to me as a nice surprise. Also they had a  nice rosary walk in the forest. Very peaceful and beautiful. When I was walking with my friends, we even found a deer watching us. I recommend this place for a short get-away from the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment